Birth: Dec 13, 1272, Barcelona, Spain;
Death: Jun 25, 1337; Sicily;
Is this person your ancestor? If so, you should join the House Empire and work to earn your own noble or royal title.
You could be added to this website showing this person as your ancestor! It's FREE!
Click here to get started.
- King of Sicily - Dates: 1295-1337
- Regent of Sicily - Dates: 1291-1295
Frederick II or III (13 December 1272 – 25 June 1337) was the regent (from 1291) and subsequently king (from 1295) of Sicily until his death. He was the third son of Peter III of Aragon and served in the War of the Sicilian Vespers on behalf of his father and brothers, Alfonso and James. He was confirmed as King of Trinacria (another name for the island of Sicily) by the Peace of Caltabellotta in 1302. His reign saw important constitutional reforms: the Constitutiones regales, Capitula alia, and Ordinationes generales.
Frederick was born in Barcelona to Constantia of Sicily, daughter of Manfred of Sicily.
. . .
From his marriage with Eleanor of Anjou were born:
To his mistress Sibilla Sormella were born:
- Peter (1304 – 1342), successor
- Roger (born 1305), died young
- Manfred (1306 – 1317), Duke of Athens and Neopatria
- Constance, married at 1317 to Henry II of Cyprus, on December 29, 1331 to Leo V of Armenia and at 1343 to John of Lusignan, brother of Peter I of Cyprus. She didn't children from any of her marriages.
- Elisabeth,(1310 – 1349), married (1328) Stephen II of Bavaria
- William (1312 – 1338), Prince of Taranto, Duke of Athens and Neopatria
- John (1317 – 1348), Duke of Randazzo, Duke of Athens and Neopatria, Regent of Sicily (from 1338)
- Catherine (1320 – 1342)
- Margaret (1331 – 1360), married (1348) Rudolf II of the Palatainate
- Alfonso Frederick, (1294 – 1334), regent of Athens and Neopatria
- Roland (1296 – 1361)
- Elisabeth (or Isabella) di Sicilia (1297 – 1341)
- Sancho (1300 – 1334)
- Eleanor (born 1298)
Some or all of the above information was taken from wikipedia.org. To read more, click here.