Birth: Sep 28, 1663, England;
Death: Oct 9, 1690; England;
Is this person your ancestor? If so, you should join the House Empire and work to earn your own noble or royal title.
You could be added to this website showing this person as your ancestor! It's FREE!
Click here to get started.
- 1st Duke of Grafton - Dates: 1675-1690
- Knight of the Garter
- Earl of Euston - Dates: 1672-1690
- Vice-Admiral, British Navy - Dates: 1682-1689
- Lord High Constable - Dates: 1685
- Lord Lieutenant of Suffolk - Dates: 1685-1689
- Baron Sudbury - Dates: 1672-1690
- Viscount Ipswich - Dates: 1672-1690
Henry FitzRoy, 1st Duke of Grafton KG (28 September 1663 – 9 October 1690) was the natural son of King Charles II by Barbara Villiers, Countess of Castlemaine.
In August 1672 he was married to Isabella, the daughter and heiress of Henry Bennet, 1st Earl of Arlington. They were parents to Charles FitzRoy, 2nd Duke of Grafton.
At the time of his marriage, Henry was created Baron Sudbury, Viscount Ipswich, and Earl of Euston; in 1675 he was created Duke of Grafton. Charles II made him a Knight of the Garter in 1680. He was made a colonel of the Grenadier Guards in 1681.
Some or all of the above information was taken from wikipedia.org. To read more, click here.