Birth: Jun 22, 1378, Salisbury, Wiltshire, England;
Death: Aug 9, 1449; England;
Is this person your ancestor? If so, you should join the House Empire and work to earn your own noble or royal title.
You could be added to this website showing this person as your ancestor! It's FREE!
Click here to get started.
- 1st Baron Hungerford - Dates: 1426-1449
- Member of Parliament, Wiltshire - Dates: 1400-1407, 1413
- Knight of the Garter - Dates: 1421
- Lord High Treasurer - Dates: 1425-1431
- Privy Council (King Henry VI)
- Speaker of the House of Commons (England) - Dates: 1414-1415
Walter Hungerford, 1st Baron Hungerford (22 June 1378 – 9 August 1449) was the son and heir of Sir Thomas Hungerford and Joan Hussey.
He served as Speaker of the House of Commons from 1414 to 1415. He was made a baron in 1426 and served as Lord High Treasurer from that year until 1432. Baron Hungerford fought at Agincourt and also served a diplomatic function at the Council of Constance and the Congress of Arras.
Baron Hungerford was the executor of Henry V's will and was a member of council under Henry VI. The principal residence of his family was at Heytesbury, Wiltshire.
Some or all of the above information was taken from wikipedia.org. To read more, click here.